- 1 c. pine nuts
- Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat until warmed.
- Place the pine nuts in the frying pan in a single layer. Use a wooden spoon to spread them out so they are all touching the bottom of the pan.
- Give the pine nuts about 30 seconds to start toasting.
- Begin stirring constantly with the wooden spoon. You can leave them still for 5-10 seconds at a time to allow for toasting but any longer than that will cause them to burn.
- When all sides are golden brown, transfer them off the heat and to another dish so they stop cooking.