- 1 tbsp. extra light olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 celery stalks, trimmed and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. Tessemae’s buffalo sauce
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 2.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- jalapeños for serving (optional)
- cilantro for serving (optional)
- lime wedges for serving (optional)
- Using Sauté function, heat light olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add onion and celery. Cook 4 minutes until they start to turn translucent.
- Stir continuously with a wooden spoon to prevent burning.
- Add garlic and cook 1 more minute until fragrant.
- Add sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, whole30-compliant buffalo sauce and white pepper.
- Mix well and add chicken breasts.
- Attach lid and cook at high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Use the slow release for 15 minutes and ensure chicken has reached 165°F.
- Move chicken breast to a separate plate with tongs.
- Use a potato masher or Mix ‘n’ Chop to mash the sweet potatoes.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and return to the Instant Pot.
- Stir well and add sea salt and extra buffalo sauce to taste.
- Serve with fresh jalapeño slices, lime wedges and cilantro.