Instant Pot Paleo and Whole30 Chili Recipe Type : Entree Author: Kristi Barnes
- 1–2 tbsp. beef tallow (Optional: You only need this if your ground beef is lean.)
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 tbsp. chili powder (+ more if you like it spicy)
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 2/3 c. grass fed beef broth (or homemade)
- 28 oz. fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- cilantro or Italian parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Choose the sauté function, and melt beef tallow. If your ground beef has a higher fat content, skip this step. You should have enough cooking fat without it. If in doubt leave it out. If your ground beef and onions start to stick, you can add it then.
- Add the ground beef and onion and cook 5-7 minutes, or until meat is browned.
- Use your handy Mix ‘n’ Chop or a wooden spatula to break up the ground beef while it browns.
- Add the tomato paste, chili powder, garlic powder and cumin.
- Mix everything well, and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add the beef broth and fire-roasted tomatoes to the pot and mix again.
- Lock the lid in place and choose the bean/chili option.
- Allow the pot to pressurize and cook for 30 minutes (the default).
- Use your preferred method to de-pressurize. I used the quick release method.
- Serve and garnish with cilantro or Italian parsley if desired.