Did you know it’s incredibly easy to make pesto at home? This Keto Pesto is packed full of fresh ingredients and can be frozen, so you can always have fresh homemade pesto on hand.
- 3 c. fresh basil leaves, lightly packed, washed and dried
- 1/2 c. cauliflower florets, boiled until tender and cooled
- 1/3 c. pine nuts, lightly toasted (See how to toast pine nuts.)
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 c. avocado oil (Can sub EVOO. See notes.)
- 1/2 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 t. sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Pulse basil, pine nuts, cauliflower and garlic in a food processor until very finely minced.
- Add the parmesan cheese and pulse a few more times until combined well.
- Turn the food processor on low, and very slowly drizzle in the oil until combined. Add additional oil if necessary to reach the desired consistency.
- Stir in sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Make a bunch and freeze it in an oversized ice cube tray! You can just pop out a cube when you’re ready for fresh homemade pesto!
You can sub EVOO for the avocado oil. EVOO has a lower smoke point, so I always use avocado oil or coconut oil if I plan on cooking with it, especially at a high temperature. Since I plan on using this pesto for marinating and adding to soups and casseroles, I went with avocado oil.