These Low Carb, Keto Bagels are based on the Fathead dough recipe and use mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, almond flour and eggs to make a low carb “bread” that’s surprisingly light and cream-cheese-spreadable. Add some smoked salmon, capers and sliced red onion for a Bagel and Lox.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place mozzarella cheese, blanched almond flour and cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Microwave on high 1 minute.
- Mix ingredients.
- Microwave on high an additional 30 seconds.
- Mix well, but gently, with hands.
- Add egg, powdered monk fruit blend, sea salt and baking powder, and mix well again.
- Divide dough until 6 equal parts, and roll into balls. Roll the balls into long cylindrical shapes and stretch into a circle, connecting the ends to form a bagel shape. Place on a greased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with parchment paper. **OR** Divide dough until 6 equal parts and press into a greased 6-cavity silicone donut mold.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until bagels are browned and cooked through.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife and serving.
- To reheat, let thaw overnight in the fridge, slice and place under the broiler or in the toaster.