These Low Carb, Keto BBQ Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs are sure to be a hit with everyone, especially the kiddos. Who can say no to a grilled hot dog wrapped in bacon and slathered with a sweet and spicy (if you want) barbecue sauce? You only need three ingredients, ten minutes and a grill to get these puppies started. Come on!
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 slices regular-sliced bacon, uncooked
- 1/2 c. Keto-friendly BBQ sauce or my homemade Keto BBQ Sauce (recipe coming soon!)
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Wrap one bacon slice around each hot dog diagonally from top to bottom as shown above.
- Secure each end with a toothpick (optional).
- Grill 5-10 minutes or until bacon is cooked through and hot dogs reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
You’ll want to look for hot dogs that don’t contain harmful ingredients, and be sure to check the carb count as well. The same with the bacon.
For the barbecue sauce, you can use my homemade recipe or buy a sugar-free version. I do like the flavor of this Keto-friendly BBQ sauce, but hate that it contains sucralose. This would be an option for Lazy Ketoers only.
Make sure you soak your toothpicks (if using) in water for about 15 minutes prior to grilling. This will keep them from burning to a crisp over the heat.
Keywords: keto, low carb, Keto appetizer, low carb appetizer, Keto kid snack, Keto child food, bacon wrapped hot dog, grilled hot dog, Keto BBQ, Keto grilling