These Low Carb, Keto BBQ Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños are delectably creamy, filling and meaty, covered in cheese, drizzled with sweet BBQ sauce, sprinkled with freshly chopped cilantro and just spicy enough with TWO. NET CARBS. EACH.
- 14 large jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise with seeds removed
- 16 oz. mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed (1/2-in. cubes)
- 1/2 c. keto-friendly BBQ sauce*, separated
- 1/2 c. finely shredded cheddar cheese
- small handful chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a cast iron skillet, brown the Italian sausage and onions over medium high heat 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently with a meat chopper, until meat is browned and onions are translucent.
- Turn heat down to medium and add cream cheese cubes, stirring with a wooden spoon 3-4 minutes until melted.
- Add 1/4 cup of the keto-friendly BBQ sauce and stir until warm.
- Remove from heat.
- Lay jalapeño halves on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Spoon meat mixture evenly into jalapeño halves.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheddar cheese and drizzle with the remaining keto-friendly BBQ sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Using herb scissors, finely chop the cilantro and sprinkle over the jalapeños right before serving.
*The BBQ sauce I used does have sucralose, which is considered dirty keto. Make sure to find or make a keto-friendly BBQ sauce that fits your dietary needs.
Please wear kitchen gloves when preparing your jalapeños. These peppers contain capsaicin which can irritate your skin.
Keywords: stuffed peppers, stuffed jalapeños, low carb snack, keto snack, keto BBQ peppers, low carb BBQ peppers, keto stuffed jalapeños, low carb stuffed jalapeños