These Low Carb, Keto Chorizo Breakfast Tacos are incredible! Scrambled eggs soak up the juices from the spicy chorizo, creating the perfect low carb, high fat taco filling. Top them off with grated cotija cheese, sour cream and a squeeze of fresh lime juice!
10 taco-sized low carb tortillas* (not included in Nutrition Facts)
- 9 oz. package beef chorizo
- 6 large eggs
Optional Toppings (not included in Nutrition Facts)
- full-fat sour cream
- grated cotija cheese
- freshly chopped cilantro
- In a cast iron skillet, brown the chorizo over medium-high heat 3-5 minutes, until meat is separated (I use a meat chopper.) and grease has separated from the meat.
- Turn heat to medium-low.
- Crack the eggs into the mixture, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon and adjusting the heat as necessary to keep the eggs from burning. Cook 5-7 minutes until the eggs are cooked and have soaked up the chorizo fat.
- Spoon into low-carb tortillas and top with grated cotija cheese, sour cream and cilantro freshly chopped with herb scissors.
- *I didn’t include the tortillas in the Nutrition Facts. There are so many ways to make low carb tortillas, and many people eating dirty keto or just general low carb use store-bought low carb tortillas tortillas. All of these varieties vary greatly in carb count. I will be posting a link soon to my homemade keto tortillas.
Keywords: low carb, keto, low carb tacos, keto tacos, chorizo tacos, chorizo breakfast tacos, low carb breakfast tacos, keto breakfast tacos