Nothing quite says “good ole #merican summer holiday” like hot dogs. The from-scratch chili flavors, sautéed onions and ground mustard permeate the juicy hot dogs in this Low Carb, Keto Hot Dog Soup, giving you the whole hot dog experience in every single bite!
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 6 all-beef hot dogs, sliced into 1/2-inch coins
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lg. yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. dried chives
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. ground mustard
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 32 oz. Kettle and Fire Chicken Bone Broth, separated
- 14.5 oz. no sugar added crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Swerve brown sugar
- Optional garnishes: chopped onion, prepared mustard, shredded cheddar cheese, keto ketchup, keto pickle relish
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat avocado oil over medium-high heat.
- Add hot dogs and cook until lightly browned on each side and heated through, about 4-5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving grease in pot.
- Brown ground beef and onion 5-7 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is translucent.
- Add minced garlic , chili powder, dried chives, cumin, ground mustard, smoked paprika, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir for one minute until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste . Stir with a wooden spoon one additional minute until combined.
- Add 1/2 cup of the chicken broth and deglaze the pot.
- Add remaining broth, crushed tomatoes, hot dog pieces, and Swerve brown sugar.
- Simmer 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Add additional sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. If you used low sodium broth or your own homemade broth, you may need quite a bit of additional sea salt.
- Serve with optional garnishes such as chopped onion, prepared mustard, shredded cheddar cheese, Keto ketchup, Keto pickle relish
Keywords: keto soup, low carb soup, keto hot dog, low carb hot dog