This Low Carb, Keto Pineapple Ham Cheese Ball is a guilt-free, flavorful appetizer for your holiday party. Freshly cooked country ham, toasted coconut, monk fruit, pineapple extract, roasted red peppers, chives, freshly shredded cheddar cheese and hot sauce all come together for a salty, sweet, spicy (low carb) spin on a traditional Hawaiian cheese ball.
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. powdered monk fruit and erythritol blend
- 1/2 tsp. pineapple extract
- 3/4 c. shredded coconut, separated
- 6 oz. Clifty Farm country ham biscuit slices, diced
- 4 oz. jarred roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 3 tbsp. fresh chives, separated
- hot sauce, to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 c. pecans, chopped
- Beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl on medium speed until creamy.
- Add powdered monk fruit blend and beat until mixed well. Stir in pineapple extract and mix again.
- Warm coconut in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat until toasted and fragrant, stirring constantly 2-3 minutes.
- Move 1/2 c. of the coconut to the bowl with the cream cheese mixture. Reserve the remainder in another dish for the topping.
- Add ham and stir until cooked through, about 4-6 minutes. Add to bowl with cream cheese.
- Add roasted red peppers and mix everything well.
- Sprinkle in cheddar cheese while stirring to keep it from clumping until all is incorporated.
- Stir in 2 tbsp. chives.
- Add hot sauce and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Spread out a large piece of cling wrap. Scoop cheese mixture onto the cling wrap, and form a ball.
- Chill for 30 minutes. Peel back the cling wrap, and reshape. Chill an additional 30 minutes.
- While the cheese ball is chilling, make the crust. Mix chopped pecans, remaining 1 tbsp. minced fresh chives and reserved toasted shredded coconut.
- Remove ball from cling wrap once chilled and roll in pecan mixture until covered well.
- Serve immediately.
- If you aren’t planning to serve the cheese ball immediately, wait to roll it in the pecan mixture so the crust will be fresh and crunchy.
- Serve with some yummy keto veggies like cucumber slices and bell pepper slices.