This Low Carb, Keto Pizza Soup with a Whole30 and Paleo option is the perfect warm and cozy meal for a chilly fall evening. With onions, green bell pepper, mushrooms, olives, marinara sauce and plenty of meat, it will satisfy your pizza craving without all the time and effort of those low carb pizza crusts.
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 8 oz. baby portobella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 lb. 80/20 ground beef
- 4 oz. pepperoni, chopped (omit for Whole30 and Paleo)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 8 oz. Rao’s marinara sauce
- 14.5 oz. crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 6 oz. sliced black olives
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional, for garnish: fresh basil or oregano, extra sliced black olives and pepperoni (omit for Whole30 and Paleo)
- In a Dutch oven or stock pot, warm avocado oil over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion and green bell pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes until onions begin to turn translucent and peppers start to soften.
- Add ground beef and pepperoni (if using). Use a meat chopper to break apart chunks until ground beef is browned, 7-10 minutes.
- Add garlic and Italian seasoning and stir 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in chicken broth, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes and black olives.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until cooked down to your desired consistency.
- Add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh basil or oregano, extra sliced black olives and pepperoni (omit for Whole30 and Paleo).
Add a teaspoon of crushed red pepper for a little kick!
Substitute the ground beef with Italian sausage for even more flavor.