This Low Carb, Keto Reuben Casserole combines all the wonderful elements of a Reuben sandwich except the bread. And trust me, you won’t even realize it’s not there. All the flavors and textures combine perfectly into a creamy, cheesy, hot and bubbly bowl of tasty low carb goodness. (Twenty-eight grams of fat and four net carbs per serving!)
- 1/2 tsp. avocado oil
- 1 lb. corned beef, thinly sliced and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 12 oz. sliced Swiss cheese (18 slices)
- 8 oz. jar sauerkraut, drained
- 2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1/2 c. finely chopped dill pickles
- 1/3 c. heavy cream
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease casserole dish with avocado oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix the heavy cream, eggs, mayonnaise, ketchup and paprika.
- Spread with half of the corned beef.
- Layer with 1/3 of the cheese slices.
- Use cheesecloth to strain all of the liquid out of the sauerkraut and pickles. (You can’t squeeze too much. The more liquid you remove, the less runny your casserole will be.)
- Layer with sauerkraut, pickles and caraway seeds.
- Layer another layer of 1/3 Swiss cheese.
- Top with the rest of the meat.
- Pour all of the dressing mixture the meat layer evenly.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and place until broiler one to two minutes until cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Use cheesecloth to strain all of the liquid out of the sauerkraut and pickles. You can’t squeeze too much. The more liquid you remove, the less runny your casserole will be.