This Low Carb, Keto Sausage and Peppers Soup is full of so many fresh flavors! Crispy-browned beef kielbasa, sweet red and green bell peppers and savory onions simmer in a chicken and tomato-based broth. Freshly minced garlic and Italian seasoning provide plenty of favor, and heavy cream balances out the spiciness of crushed red pepper.
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 12 oz. beef kielbasa, sliced into 1/4-in coins
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, julienned
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 14.5 oz. petit diced tomatoes
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- Heat avocado oil over medium-high heat in a large stock pot or dutch oven.
- Add sausage, peppers and onions and cook 10-15 minutes, or until sausage is lightly browned and peppers and onions are softened.
- Lower heat to medium. Add tomato paste, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and minced garlic. Stir 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and petit diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Adjust sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. You may need extra salt if using unsalted chicken broth.
- Stir in heavy cream until heated through, 2-3 minutes.