- 1 tbsp. ghee
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 6 c. chicken broth
- 10 oz. (or about 3 1/2 cups) cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 5 oz. fresh kale, chopped
- 14.5 oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, melt the ghee over medium-high heat.
- Add the Italian sausage and cook for 5-7 minutes until browned. Use a wooden spoon or Mix ‘n’ Chop to keep it nicely ground.
- Add the chicken broth, cauliflower,Italian seasoning, garlic powder and red pepper flakes, and mix well.
- Bring your soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the kale and coconut milk, and simmer an additional 5 minutes until the cauliflower can be easily pierced with a fork and the kale is tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.