This Paleo and Whole30 Instant Pot Taco Chicken is packed full of flavor with fresh red Anaheim and Serrano peppers along with chili powder and chipotle powder. Coriander, cumin and garlic and onion powder bring everything into balance and pack a nutritional punch as well. Low carb, Keto-friendly, gluten free, grain free, dairy free. Serve onto Whole30-compliant wraps, a bed of leafy greens or a baked sweet potato.
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp. Himalayan pink sea salt
- 14.5 oz. can petit diced tomatoes, lightly drained
- 2 red Anaheim peppers, finely diced
- 2 serrano peppers, finely diced
- Mix all ingredients and add to the Instant Pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- I use the natural release method to open.
- Remove chicken to a plate. Shred with two forks. Replace and mix everything well.
- Add more Himalayan pink sea salt to taste.
- Serve onto Whole30-compliant wraps, a bed of leafy greens or a baked sweet potato.
It’s spicy. Burn-your-lips spicy. To cut down on the heat, leave out the fresh peppers or replace them with seeded jalapeños.
Wear gloves when touching/washing/seeding/dicing fresh peppers.
Chicken needs to reach a minimum of 165°F prior to consumption. I use this Weber Instant Read Digital Thermometer.