- 1 tbsp. beef tallow
- 1 lb. grass fed ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder (1/4 tsp. or omit completely if you don’t like spicy foods)
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3 c. beef broth
- 1 c. 100% apple cider
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- In a Dutch oven, melt the beef tallow over medium-high heat. Add the onions. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook 5-7 minutes, or until browned.
- Add the tomato paste and spices.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the beef broth, apple cider and apples.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes, or until liquid has cooked down.
- Add additional sea salt and chipotle powder to taste.