This Paleo and Whole30 Beefy Bacon Chili lives up to its name. It’s meaty. It’s bacon-y. It’s healthy and full of flavor but not too spicy. The best part? You can have it ready in under an hour on the stovetop with only 11 ingredients!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. chili powder (plus more to taste)
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 14.5 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 c. beef broth
- (optional) sea salt, to taste
- Brown the ground beef and bacon over medium high heat in a large Dutch oven until browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Drain off the excess grease and add the onion. Cook another 3-4 minutes or until the onion begins to turn translucent.
- Add the tomato paste, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, oregano and cinnamon. Stir for two minutes. Turn down the heat if you need to to keep it from burning.
- Add the tomatoes and beef broth and mix well.
- Bring chili to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 25-35 minutes uncovered or until liquid has reduced and the chili reaches your desired consistency.
- Add sea salt to taste.