05 Mar Paleo and Whole30 Breakfast Casserole
Last Updated on June 25, 2018
This Paleo and Whole30 Breakfast Casserole will be the hit of your weekend brunch. Filled with bacon, eggs and beef, it even sneaks in loads of healthy veggies!
We’re brunch people. It’s kind of our thing. I think brunch is a love or hate thing. You either look forward to it every weekend or you don’t have a clue why I’m rambling on about it. Well, we like it. A lot. Every weekend, we have a big to-do over it.
Before we switched to a mostly Paleo way of life, brunch was a lot easier. Most of our traditional brunch festivities call for grains and dairy.
That’s why this Paleo and Whole30 Breakfast Casserole is awesome. Because it still combines all of your favorite breakfast flavors like bacon and eggs, and it even sneaks in loads of veggies like onions, carrots and zucchini! The kiddos never knew they were in there, and Li’l Man gobbled it up like crazy.Print
Paleo and Whole30 Breakfast Casserole Author: Kristi Barnes Serves: 12 servings
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tbsp. cooking fat + extra to grease baking dish (ghee, light olive oil, beef tallow, coconut oil, bacon grease, etc.)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 c. carrots, shredded or finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8–10 turns on a pepper grinder
- 12 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Go ahead and cook and chop bacon if you haven’t already. Set aside.
- Melt ghee over medium heat.
- Add ground beef and onions, and cook until meat is browned and onion starts to turn translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and zucchini. Cook 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and cook one more minute, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Mix in the chopped bacon, and add everything to a greased baking dish. I used this 9″x13″ Corelle lightweight casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs until mixed well and slightly frothy.
- Pour eggs evenly over meat mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes, or until eggs are set. A fork stuck in the middle should come out clean.
I love how this Paleo and Whole30 Breakfast Casserole gets brown and crispy around the edges! If you don’t like crispy, cover it with aluminum foil for the first thirty minutes or so, and then remove it when you’re ready to start the browning.
We indulged and had our breakfast casserole with OJ. If you want to cut down on sugar, serve yours with some Mock Mimosas. Mix 6-8 ounces of carbonated water with a splash of orange juice, and you’ll be good to go!
Don’t forget to Pin this Paleo and Whole30 Breakfast Casserole for later!