- Melt 2 tablespoons of the beef tallow or pork lard.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey or pork with the melted cooking fat with your hands.
- In a separate bowl, combine the next 6 ingredients.
- Add the spice mixture to the meat mixture and combine well with your hands.
- Form the mixture into patties of equal size. Mine made 11 perfectly-proportioned patties.
- Be sure to make an indentation in each of your patties with your thumb, so they won’t become puffy in the middle while they cook.
- Fry the patties for 2-4 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Pressing down on the patties with a spatula while frying them will keep them flat.