This Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Tortilla Soup is delicious, healthy and so easy to make! Just combine chicken breasts, onion and tomatoes in the slow cooker along with a few common spices like chili powder, garlic and cayenne and you have a scrumptious one pot slow cooker dinner! Garnish with limes, cilantro + avocado!
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with habaneros
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 16 oz. chicken broth
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts
- juice of 2 limes
- Mix the onion, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, tomato sauce and chicken broth in the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Check the chicken for doneness with a digital thermometer.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks.
- Place back into the slow cooker and mix well.
- Serve into bowls and drizzle each bowl with the juice from half a lime. I use this manual citrus juicer.
- Garnish with all the things!