- 2.5 lbs. yellow squash, coarsely chopped
- 1 lg. yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. sea salt, (plus more to taste)
- 3 cups vegetable (or chicken) broth, divided
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 c. coconut milk, canned
- 1/4 c. loosely packed cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven 450°F. Toss the first 8 ingredients together in a large mixing bowl using tongs.
- Spread veggies in a single layer onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, turning everything halfway through with tongs.
- Remove pan from oven. Using an immersion blender or in a high-powered food processor, blend 2 cups of the roasted veggies and 1 cup broth until pureed. (I have both of those blenders, and I usually go with the immersion blender if possible. So easy and minimal cleanup!)
- Heat the puree along with the remaining broth over medium heat until heated through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk until heated through again, 2-3 minutes.
- Add additional sea salt to taste if necessary.
- Divide the remaining roasted veggies into 4 soup bowls.
- Pour the heated soup over the veggies and serve immediately with fresh cilantro leaves;