This Paleo and Whole30 Grilled Ahi Tuna with Roasted Red Pepper Relish is super simple to make but bursting with flavor. With ingredients like jarred roasted red peppers, lemon juice, thyme and fresh basil, it’s the perfect healthy (20 minute) grilled summer dinner!
- 1 c. jarred roasted red peppers, diced (or make your own)
- 1 tbsp. minced shallot
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice (juice from approx. 1 large lemon)
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tbsp. light olive oil, plus additional for drizzling tuna
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. ahi tuna (approx. 2 tuna steaks)
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the roasted red peppers, shallot, lemon juice, thyme and two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix well and add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Place in fridge to chill.
- Pat tuna with a paper towel and drizzle with light olive oil. Rub it in well without damaging the tuna and then season each side generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place tuna on the grill and cook each side approximately 3-5 minutes* or until desired doneness is reached. (*The FDA recommends cooking fish to an internal temperature of 145°F for safety.)
- Remove tuna from the grill and serve with Roasted Red Pepper Relish.
- Chiffonade the basil and sprinkle over the top.