You’ll love this Paleo and Whole30 Roasted Poblano Sauce. The roasted poblanos are super smoky, and the jalapeños give it just the right kick. Cilantro and lime juice balance out the smoke and spice, making this sauce perfect for drizzling on all the things! Vegan, vegetarian and dairy free.
- 2 poblano peppers
- 4 jalapeno peppers
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1/8 wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 c. white vinegar
- large handful cilantro, stems and leaves
- 1 c. water, plus more for thinning
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Roast whole peppers, onions and garlic for 30 minutes, turning halfway through using tongs.
- Remove from the oven and place the peppers in a sealed large zipper bag for 10 minutes to loosen the skins.
- Using gloves, remove the skins from the peppers and discard.
- Blend the roasted veggies, lime juice, vinegar and cilantro in a high-powered blender.
- Add water in 1/4-cup increments until you reach desired consistency.
- Add the sea salt and white pepper, adding more to taste if necessary.
Nothing is set in stone with this recipe! Add more water, lime juice or vinegar to thin it out depending on your taste, and you can adjust the salt and pepper to your liking as well.