- 2 tbsp. grass fed beef tallow
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups shredded cabbage or lettuce for the base
- Optional toppings: tomatoes, olives, avocado, limes for juicing, Belizean Onion Sauce or Whole-30-compliant salsa.
- Melt the grass fed beef tallow over medium-high heat.
- Brown the ground beef for 5 minutes. It will still be partly pink.
- Add the onion and cook 7-8 more minutes until it begins to turn translucent.
- Stir in water, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt.
- Simmer everything 10-15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop into bowls over beds of shredded cabbage or lettuce.
- Add toppings of your choice such as tomatoes, olives and avocado.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime juice (1/2 lime per bowl), Belizean Onion Sauce or Whole30-compliant salsa.