- Heat 3 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of the chicken with a healthy coat of salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the pan and sear until browned, about 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the last tablespoon of coconut oil and onion, and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes until the onion starts to become translucent.
- Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, along with the diced tomatoes and salsa.
- Pour in the chicken broth, making sure you have enough to cover the chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Squeeze half a lime over each serving before eating.
- If you’re following the Whole30 plan, serve this Roasted Habanero Chicken Salsa over some cauliflower rice seasoned with salt, pepper, lime juice and freshly chopped cilantro. Yum!