- 2 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb. grass fed ground beef
- 1 c. shredded carrots
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 6 poblano peppers, roasted and skins, seeds and membranes removed
- Roast and remove the pepper skins if you haven’t already. For more info, please refer back to the post.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat until melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook for approximately 3 minutes until it begins to turn translucent.
- Add the ground beef and carrots. Brown 7-8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook 5 more minutes, or until most of the juice has cooked down.
- Test the meat mixture, and add more salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
- Using a spoon, fill the peppers to capacity with the meat filling.
- Bake at 425°F for 15-20 minutes or until peppers are cooked through and filling is browned.