- 6 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 12 medium or 10 large eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 c. heavy cream (or coconut milkif you’re dairy-free)
- 4 tbsp. ghee, separated
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 6 8-in (Burrito-sized) flour tortillas
- 1/2 c. sour cream + more for serving
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Sriracha or Cholula (the Original flavor is Whole30-compliant), for garnish/serving
- Go ahead and prepare bacon if not already cooked. (I baked mine at 375°F for about 15 minutes.)
- Whisk eggs with salt, white pepper and heavy cream (or coconut milk) until mixed well and slightly frothy.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of ghee in a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Ad onion and pepper, cooking 5 minutes or until softened. Set aside in separate dish.
- Melt the last tablespoon of ghee in the nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add egg mixture and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until nearly cooked through. (The eggs will continue to cook once removed from heat.)
- Clean the nonstick pan because you will use it once more for frying the burritos.
- Spread one tortilla flat and smear one half with a heaping tablespoon of sour cream.
- Add 1/6 of each filling (spinach, egg mixture, peppers and onions, bacon and cheese), fold in each side, and roll up tightly.
- Repeat for the remaining 5 tortillas.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of ghee in the nonstick pan again, and add 3 burritos with the folds down.
- Fry until crispy brown on each side. (Don’t try to move them the first time until the fold is completely browned, or they’ll fall apart.) Add additional ghee as needed.
- Repeat with remaining burritos, adding more ghee as needed.