This Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup is lower carb, gluten free, keto-friendly and perfect for those Thanksgiving casseroles Grandma used to make. Substitute one cup of this Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup for one can of Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- 1/2 c. salted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 16 oz. mushrooms (I used half portobello and half white.)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 32 oz. chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms. Cook 10 minutes until tender.
- Add sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, dried thyme and garlic and cook one minute.
- Stir in chicken (or vegetable) broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add softened cream cheese and stir several minutes until melted.
- Remove heat and stir in heavy cream.
- Use an immersion blender to blend soup to your desired consistency.
- Add xanthan gum slowly while back on low heat to thicken. Use an immersion blender if it clumps.
Keywords: soup, keto, keto soup, cream of mushroom soup, condensed cream of mushroom soup, condensed soup, low carb soup, low carb cream of mushroom soup, low carb condensed cream of mushroom soup