This Keto Cheesy Sausage and Jalapeño Breakfast Casserole is an excellent low carb, make-ahead meal. It freezes and reheats well and has less than three carbs per serving! Make it on Sunday and have a healthy, keto-friendly breakfast ready for the rest of the week.
- 16 oz. breakfast sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapenos, finely chopped – Remove the seeds or omit jalapeños if you don’t like spicy food.
- 1/4 tsp. ground rubbed sage
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- Butter for greasing dish
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional garnishes: jalapeno slices, halved cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook breakfast sausage 5-7 minutes over medium-high heat with chopped onion and jalapeños until meat is browned and veggies turn translucent.
- Drain the grease and juices.
- Add meat mixture back to the pan and cook two more minutes, draining again.
- Stir in sage, thyme, garlic powder and white pepper. Cook an additional two minutes. Add sea salt to taste.
- Grease 8-inch pie dish with butter.
- Beat eggs lightly with heavy cream and pour over meat mixture.
- Cover evenly with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Optional garnishes: jalapeno slices, halved cherry tomatoes.
Keywords: keto breakfast casserole, low carb breakfast casserole, cheesy breakfast casserole, sausage breakfast casserole, sausage and cheese casserole