This Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup is lower carb, gluten free, keto-friendly, wonderfully fall-fragrant and the perfect comfort meal on a chilly autumn night. Mushrooms and onions sauté in copious amounts of butter and mingle with thyme and fresh garlic, leaving you yearning for the next bite.
- 1/2 c. salted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 16 oz. mushrooms (I used half portobello and half white.)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 32 oz. chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms. Cook 10 minutes until tender.
- Add sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, dried thyme and garlic and cook one minute.
- Stir in chicken (or vegetable) broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add softened cream cheese and stir several minutes until melted.
- Remove heat and stir in heavy cream.
- Use an immersion blender to blend soup to your desired consistency.
- Add xanthan gum slowly while back on low heat to thicken. Use an immersion blender if it clumps. Omit if desired.
Keywords: soup, keto, keto soup, cream of mushroom soup, condensed cream of mushroom soup, condensed soup, low carb soup, low carb cream of mushroom soup, low carb condensed cream of mushroom soup