This easy, cheesy, beefy low-carb casserole requires only 6 ingredients (+S&P) and is grain-free, gluten-free and Primal diet-compliant!
- 2 tbsp. light olive oil, + more to grease the dish
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, separated
- 9 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add ground beef and cook for 5-7 minutes until it just begins to brown.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes more.
- Add the Italian seasoning and cook 1 minute.
- Pour meat mixture into greased 9×9 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over the meat, and mix it into the meat without disturbing the bottom of the greased dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- In a medium bowl, scramble the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Pour evenly over the meat and cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until the top is browned and eggs are cooked through.