This Low Carb, Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup has all the elements you’d want in an easy weeknight dinner! It’s made in the Instant Pot and only requires a handful of ingredients, and it’s creamy, cheesy and healthy! Hello, broccoli!
- 4 – 10 oz. packages frozen chopped broccoli
- I medium yellow onion, chopped
- 32 oz. Kettle and Fire Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 t. ground white pepper
- 1/2 t. sea salt, plus more to taste depending on how salty your broth is
- 1/2 t. dried thyme
- 5 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 2 T. warm water
- 1/2 t. xanthan gum
- Add first seven ingredients to the Instant Pot and mix well.
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender until 1/3 of the broccoli is blended.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar and cream cheese. If you have trouble getting all of the cheese melted, use the immersion blender again.
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- Mix the xanthan gum with the warm water in a small bowl.
- Slowly stir the xanthan gum mixture into the soup. Allow 5-10 minutes to thicken. If desired, you can repeat with another 1/2 teaspoon to thicken more.
As prepared, each serving has about 8.5 net carbs. To lower then carb count even more, you can use less broccoli. I like to pack in as many green veggies as possible in my meals, but it would be just as tasty with half the broccoli if you need to adjust the recipe for your macros. Just don’t go crazy with the immersion blender so you still have some texture.