This Low Carb, Keto Cranberry Sauce has a citrus-cinnamon twist and is the perfect complement to your holiday spread. Fresh orange zest and orange extract replace the sugary orange juice found in most cranberry-orange sauces, and granulated erythritol brings plenty of sweetness without all of those carbs.
- In a saucepan, boil water and granulated erythritol approximately 5 minutes, stirring until erythritol is until dissolved.
- Add cranberries and cook another 10 minutes until cranberries burst, stirring often to keep from burning.
- Turn heat to low. Add cinnamon and orange extract. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in orange zest. Allow to cool, but do not chill. (See notes.) Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Serve cool but not cold. Erythritol crystalizes when chilled in liquid.
- If you do store in the refrigerator, you can reheat to make it smooth again.