This Low Carb, Keto Leftover Turkey Chili is the perfect solution for your holiday turkey leftovers! Creamy, spicy and healthy, it’s the perfect change of pace after a big day of eating. #grainfree #glutenfree #dairyfree #lowcarb #keto #whitechili #lowcarbchili #ketochili
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 7 oz. can diced green chiles, undrained
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 c. leftover turkey, chopped
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 2 tbsp. water
- sea salt, to taste
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a Dutch oven or stock pot.
- Add onions, celery and jalapeño. Cook 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic, cumin and ground white pepper and cook 2 more minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Add the diced green chiles and chicken broth.
- Turn to high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add the chopped turkey and simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese until melted.
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- Add 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum to 2 tbsp. water and whisk or use a milk frother to ensure there are no clumps.
- Add to the chili and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Repeat steps 9 and 10 if you want a thicker soup, keeping the mind the xanthan gum can take several minutes to thicken.
Start off small with the xanthan gum. A little goes a long way. Make sure the first 1/4 tsp. has completely thickened the soup before you add more, or you could end up with the consistency of canned gelatinous cream of chicken soup!