These Low Carb, Keto Leftover Turkey Jalapeño Poppers are creamy and spicy, practically melt in your mouth and have only one carb each!
- 8 large jalapeños, halved width-wise, seeds and membranes removed (wear kitchen gloves!)
- 8 slices bacon, halved length-wise
- 1 c. leftover turkey, very finely chopped
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c. Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Add in turkey and mix well.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Scoop turkey mixture evenly into jalapeño halves and place on a baking sheet.
- Wrap each jalapeño with a half slice of bacon so that the ends rest under the pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Wear kitchen gloves when working with the raw peppers! The capsaicin can irritate your skin and burn for hours if you are sensitive to it.
- If you want to keep with the turkey theme, you can easily substitute turkey bacon for pork.
- Make sure the ends of the bacon rest under the pepper halves after wrapping, or they will flop around while cooking.