This Low Carb, Keto Potato Salad combines all the flavors you’d expect to find in a typical recipe like mustard, mayo, pickles, onions and dill but uses cauliflower instead of potatoes, yielding only about 10% of the normal carbs. The fresh cilantro brightens the flavor as well, and the smoked paprika gives incredible depth to this Fauxtato Salad.
- 24 oz. cauliflower florets, boiled in 1/2 tsp. sea salt until very tender and coarsely chopped
- 6 large eggs, boiled, cooled and chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 1/4 c. finely chopped dill pickles
- 1 tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill, minced, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt and a few turns of freshly ground black pepper
- smoked paprika for garnish
- Add cauliflower, eggs, onion, celery, pickles, mustard, mayonnaise and sour cream to a large serving bowl.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add fresh dill and cilantro, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix well again.
- Cover with Saran Wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Prior to serving, garnish with additional fresh dill and cilantro and a sprinkling of smoked paprika.
- You can buy pre-boiled eggs at the store to save time.
- I use herb scissors to make quick work of mincing the dill and cilantro.
- Go ahead and do your mixing in a large serving bowl to save on dish washing. You can clean off the sides after mixing, and you’re good to go.