- Season ribs generously with salt and pepper.
- Roll each rib in coconut flour on all sides and set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven, melt beef tallow over high heat.
- Brown the ribs on all sides, about 45 seconds per side, using tongs to turn them as they brown.
- Remove the ribs and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the onion and carrots to the Dutch oven, and cook for 2 minutes until the onion begins to turn translucent.
- Add 1 cup of beef broth and deglaze the pan. Bring everything to a boil and cook for 2 more minutes, scraping all of the crispy bits from the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Add the remaining broth, balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon of salt, and several turns on a ground pepper grinder.
- Stir everything, taste it, and add more salt if desired.
- Add the ribs back to the Dutch oven. They should be almost completely submerged.
- Add the thyme and rosemary sprigs to the liquid.
- Put on the lid and place into the oven.
- Cook at 350 for 2 hours.
- Reduce heat to 325 and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to sit with the lid on for at least 20 minutes.
- Skim off any excess fat before serving.