This Paleo & Whole30 Cabbage Beef Soup, packed with loads of vitamin C, fiber and protein, will warm your bones while healing your body + soul this winter. This is a big batch, so you’ll want to freeze part of it or cut the recipe in half. I like to make double batches of all my favorite Paleo and Whole30 foods for easy weekday lunches.
- 2 tbsp. extra light olive oil
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 c. shredded carrots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 14.5 oz. cans organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. salt, + more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. pepper, + more to taste
- 4 c. chopped cabbage
- 4 c. beef broth
- In a Dutch oven or large stock pot, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook approximately 5-7 minutes, or until meat is mostly browned. Use a tool such as the Mix ‘N’ Chop to easily keep your meat finely ground.
- Add onions and carrots and cook until the onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper, and cook 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the tomatoes.
- Add the cabbage and beef broth.
- Bring everything to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add more salt and pepperto taste if necessary.