- To the slow cooker, add the onion, coconut milk, chicken broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low 7-9 hours, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. I use a digital thermometer.
- Remove the chicken, shred it with a fork, and add it back to the crock pot.
- Mix well, and add more salt and pepper if needed.