Beefy, creamy and wrapped in bacon, these Paleo and Whole30 Jalapeño Poppers are the perfect Super Bowl party snack. They come together with minimal effort and yes, they’re Whole30-compliant!
- 2 tbsp. light olive oil or beef tallow
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. full fat canned coconut milk, separated
- 12 large jalapeños, washed, halved and seeded (Wear gloves when you do this, trust me!!)
- 24 slices compliant bacon
- Heat the olive oil or beef tallow until warmed/melted.
- Add the ground beef and onion and cook until the meat is browned, about 7 minutes. Use something like this Pampered Chef Mix ‘n’ Chop to keep your meat finely ground as you brown it.
- Add chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper and cook 1 additional minute.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the coconut milk. Add 1/4 c. at a time to ensure your mixture doesn’t get runny.
- Stuff the jalapeños with the meat mixture so that it’s heaping a little.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeño with 1 piece of bacon.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until you can smell the wonderful roasted jalapeño smell and the bacon begins to crisp on the edges.