- 2.5 lb. boneless, skinless chicken
- 14.5 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 c. unsweetened apple juice (add 1/2 c. for the slow cooker)
- 3 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. chipotle powder
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 10 oz. Sweet and Spicy Ketchup
- Add everything but chicken to the Instant Pot or slow cooker and mix well.
- Add the chicken.
- In the Instant Pot, choose the “poultry” option, wait until finished and use the slow release option. In the slow cooker, cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Uncover, remove the chicken, shred with two forks and replace, stirring well. Ensure the chicken has reached at least 165°F at its thickest point before shredding. I use this Weber instant digital thermometer.