- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat the light olive oil over medium heat in a Dutch Oven.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown the chicken in the olive oil, using large tongs to turn it.
- Once the chicken is evenly browned, remove it and discard the olive oil.
- Place the chicken back in the Dutch Oven along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the Dutch Oven, lid on, into the preheated oven and cook for 1.5 hours. Make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Baste the chicken with the juices throughout the cooking process.
- Remove the lid after an hour to allow the chicken to become beautifully browned.