This Paleo & Whole30 Spiced Pumpkin Chili is a fun way to usher in fall! Healthy, simple, and delicious, it’ll be a hit for the whole family! #farmsteadchic #pumpkinchili #spicedpumpkin #pumpkinspice
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2–3 tbsp. chili powder, depending on your preference
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 28 oz. can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 29 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- In a Dutch oven or large stock pot, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until browned, using a wooden spoon or your Pampered Chef Mix N Chop to break up the pieces.
- Add onion and cook 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add tomato paste, pumpkin pie spice, chili powder, garlic powder, thyme and oregano, stirring well.
- Add the chicken broth and allow to reduce for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and pumpkin puree and mix well.
- Season with the salt and pepper, adding more to taste throughout the remainder of the cooking process.
- Simmer 45 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. (It’ll be worth the wait, I promise!)