This Whole30 Breakfast Skillet is the perfect one-dish brunch! It’s packed full of fresh veggies, herbs, eggs and bacon. Add it to your weekly rotation.
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 lbs. red potatoes (about 4–5 medium potatoes), washed and chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tsp. pink Himalayan sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 8 oz. chopped bacon
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped oregano
- 4 large eggs
- paprika (optional, for garnish)
- scallions (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat avocado oil over medium heat in cast iron skillet.
- Add potatoes. Sprinkle evenly with pink Himalayan sea salt and several turns on a pepper grinder.
- Cook 15 minutes, flipping constantly to avoid the potatoes sticking but also being careful not to smoosh them.
- Add bacon and onion.
- The liquid from the onion and bacon grease should be enough to keep everything from sticking. If necessary, add a little more avocado oil.
- Cook an additional 8-10 minutes. Make sure bacon is cooked through and potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork. Be careful not to let the potatoes burn.
- Add garlic and oregano. Cook two more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- With a wooden spoon, carve out four shallow nests for the eggs. Crack the eggs into them.
- Place in the oven and bake until the egg whites are cooked through and the yolks are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with additional salt, pepper and paprika and scallions.
Keywords: whole30, whole30 breakfast, whole30 breakfast skillet, breakfast skillet, whole30 brunch, brunch skillet, whole30 brunch skillet, bacon and eggs, whole30 bacon and eggs, whole30 breakfast potatoes, whole30 brunch potatoes, roasted potatoes, one dish wonder, one dish breakfast, one dish brunch