- 6 medium baked Russet potatoes (I baked mine a day or two earlier when we had steak and baked potatoes for dinner.)
- 2 tbsp. ghee, melted
- 2 tbsp. extra light olive oil
- salt to taste
- large handful of spinach leaves (I used 3-4 leaves per potato skin.)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked until almost crispy
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- At this point, your potatoes should be baked and cooled enough to touch.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the insides, leaving some of the potato in the skins.
- Mix the melted ghee and olive oil in a small dish.
- Brush the ghee mixture on both sides of the potato skins.
- Sprinkle the insides lightly with salt.
- Place potato halves face-down and bake for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn the potatoes over and continue to bake until the edges of the potatoes start to turn golden brown.
- Remove the potatoes from oven.
- Fill each skin with 3-4 spinach leaves and equal amounts of tomato and bacon.
- Return to the oven long enough warm up the lettuce and tomato and let the bacon continue to crisp, about 5 minutes.