- 6 medium baked Russet potatoes (I baked mine a day or two earlier to save time.)
- 2 tbsp. ghee, melted (substitute extra light olive oil, coconut oil or beef tallow if you can’t tolerate ghee)
- 2 tbsp. extra light olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 c. Paleo and Whole30 White Chicken Chili
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- At this point, your potatoes should be baked and cooled enough to touch.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the insides, leaving some of the potato in the skins. I use an ice cream scoop.
- Mix the melted ghee in a small dish and mix in the extra light olive oil.
Note: Use 4 tbsp. extra light olive oil in place of the ghee/olive oil mixture if you can’t tolerate ghee. Other alternatives are coconut oil and beef tallow.
- Brush the ghee mixture on both sides of the potato skins.
- Sprinkle the insides lightly with sea salt.
- Place potato halves face-down on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn the potatoes over and continue to bake until the edges of the potatoes start to turn golden brown.
- Remove the potatoes from oven.
- Fill each skin evenly with the chicken chili mixture until slightly heaping.
- Return to oven for an additional 5 minutes to let everything finish getting crispy.
- Garnish with Whole30-compliant hot sauce, Paleo Sour Cream, avocado chunks, cilantro, fresh jalapeños and lime wedges.