28 Oct Keto Cheesy Sausage and Jalapeno Breakfast Casserole
This Keto Cheesy Sausage and Jalapeño Breakfast Casserole is an excellent low carb, make-ahead meal. It freezes and reheats well and has less than three carbs per serving! Make it on Sunday and have a healthy, keto-friendly breakfast ready for the rest of the week.
Keto Cheesy Sausage and Jalapeno Breakfast Casserole
- 16 oz. breakfast sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 jalapenos finely chopped - Remove the seeds or omit jalapeños if you don’t like spicy food.
- 1/4 tsp. ground rubbed sage
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Butter for greasing dish
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional garnishes: jalapeno slices halved cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook breakfast sausage 5-7 minutes over medium-high heat with chopped onion and jalapeños until meat is browned and veggies turn translucent.
- Drain the grease and juices.
- Add meat mixture back to the pan and cook two more minutes, draining again.
- Stir in sage, thyme, garlic powder and white pepper. Cook an additional two minutes. Add sea salt to taste.
- Grease 8-inch pie dish with butter.
- Beat eggs lightly with heavy cream and pour over meat mixture.
- Cover evenly with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Optional garnishes: jalapeno slices, halved cherry tomatoes.
A Note on Nutrition Facts
I am not a nutritional expert. Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is only an approximation. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of any nutritional information provided for any recipe on this site. Erythitrol carbs are not included in the nutritional information as it has been shown to have a low impact on blood sugar. Those with Diabetes or other health-related issues may need to calculate net carbs differently. If you need help managing or calculating carbs, ask your doctor or dietician for guidance. Net carbs provided are the total carbs less fiber and sugar alcohols.
Pin-worthy graphic —->
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this site’s owner, Kristi Barnes, is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and single photos may be used provided full credit is given to farmsteadchic.com with a link back to the original content.