16 Nov Low Carb Breakfast Casserole, Gluten Free, Primal
I’ve been living the Whole30 and Paleo life (with some cheats here and there) for quite some time now. The thing I miss the most is cheese. I can do without sugars, and I’m fine with substituting coconut milk for cow’s milk in almost every instance. I even made some Cashew “Cheese” that went wonderfully with my Spaghetti and Zoodles last week (recipes coming soon!) But there are just some times when some good, full-fat cheddar cheese is necessary. This is one of those times. If you’re strictly Whole30 or Paleo, the recipe will still work without the cheese, or you can stop here and take a look at my Whole30 BLT Wraps or Homemade Breakfast Sausage. But if you’re open to incorporating a little dairy into your diet or following a Primal or low-carb way of life, read on, because this Low Carb Breakfast Casserole is magic. You can thank me later. 🙂Print
Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 9 squares 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
This easy, cheesy, beefy low-carb casserole requires only 6 ingredients (+S&P) and is grain-free, gluten-free and Primal diet-compliant!
- 2 tbsp. light olive oil, + more to grease the dish
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, separated
- 9 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add ground beef and cook for 5-7 minutes until it just begins to brown.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes more.
- Add the Italian seasoning and cook 1 minute.
- Pour meat mixture into greased 9×9 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over the meat, and mix it into the meat without disturbing the bottom of the greased dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- In a medium bowl, scramble the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Pour evenly over the meat and cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until the top is browned and eggs are cooked through.
Don’t forget to Pin this yummy easy, cheesy, beefy, low carb breakfast casserole recipe for later!
Low Carb GuyPosted at 12:37h, 13 December
I’ve been doing low carb for a long time and frequently get good results. Thanks for the wrtie up.
Kristi BarnesPosted at 13:14h, 13 December
Me too! When I cut out bread and sugars, I always feel great.
Susan WilliamsPosted at 14:33h, 09 November
You need to include nutrition information for ALL of your recipes
Kristi BarnesPosted at 15:39h, 09 November
Hi! I didn’t realize some were missing! I will work on these tonight. ☺️