30 Jul Low Carb, Keto Breakfast Sandwiches – Meal Prep
These Low Carb, Keto Breakfast Sandwiches will be your new go-to meal prep breakfast! Made with pre-made sausage patties, bacon, eggs and cheese, they are the perfect handheld breakfast sammie without the bread and all the hassle of making a low carb bun. Add tomatoes, green leaf lettuce, red onions, mayonnaise and whatever else your tummy desires!
These yummy Low Carb, Keto Breakfast Sandwiches are super simple to make, prepare and freeze for the week ahead. I don’t break my fast early in the morning, so I love getting up, letting one of these babies defrost while I make my Paleo & Whole30 Cinnamon Vanilla Latte and then grabbing it to go. They are the perfect handheld breakfast without the carb- and gluten-laden bread and all the hassle of making a low carb bun.
For my eggs, I used this nifty little breakfast sandwich maker. You can crack an egg in each level and make two at a time! Heat the sandwich maker until the green light shows ready, crack one egg into each compartment, and close the device. Once they are cooked through, just slide them off the mini-griddle and you’re ready to be a meal prepping maniac. They make the most perfect sandwich-sized eggs that won’t fall apart.
I like to add fresh ingredients like green leaf lettuce, tomato and red onion slices and mayonnaise once I’ve reheated these Keto Breakfast Sandwiches. I go ahead and prep these ingredients beforehand and store them in vacuum seal containers using my Foodsaver. Each morning, I take out the fresh veggies I need for that day and use the Foodsaver to seal the containers again. This keeps the veggies fresh ALL. WEEK. LONG. #winningbreakfast!
For more low carb and Keto breakfast options, check out these posts:
Ready to get your meal prep on??
Low Carb, Keto Breakfast Sandwiches - Breakfast Meal Prep
- 20 pork breakfast sausage patties cooked according to package instructions
- 10 large eggs cooked individually (see notes below)
- 10 slices pepper jack cheese
- 10 slices of bacon cooked and halved
- Optional additions that should not be added until you reheat the sandwiches and are ready to eat them.
- green leaf lettuce
- tomato slices
- red onions
- On a moistened paper towel, layer your ingredients: One sausage patty, an egg, a slice of cheese, two half slices of bacon and another sausage patty. (See assembly pics following the recipe.)
- Fold the paper towel, and place the sandwich on a piece of parchment paper large enough to fold over the sandwich and stay secure.
- Place sandwich, folded side down, in an airtight container like this Pyrex casserole dish.
- Repeat for the nine remaining breakfast sandwiches.
- Store in the freezer for up to 30 days.
- To reheat, remove the parchment paper and microwave the sandwich in the paper towel at 30% power for 90 seconds. Flip the sandwich and heat another 30-90 seconds on high depending on your microwave.
- Add optional ingredients such as lettuce, tomatoes, onion and mayonnaise.
Low Carb, Keto Breakfast Sandwiches – Meal Prep Steps
Don’t forget to share this Low Carb, Keto Breakfast Sandwiches Meal Prep recipe on Pinterest!
A Note on Nutrition Facts
I am not a nutritional expert. Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is only an approximation. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of any nutritional information provided for any recipe on this site. Erythitrol carbs are not included in the nutritional information as it has been shown to have a low impact on blood sugar. Those with Diabetes or other health-related issues may need to calculate net carbs differently. If you need help managing or calculating carbs, ask your doctor or dietician for guidance. Net carbs provided are the total carbs less fiber and sugar alcohols.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this site’s owner, Kristi Barnes, is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and single photos may be used provided full credit is given to www.farmsteadchic.com with a link back to the original content.