These Paleo and Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are the perfect combo of spice + tang + meaty deliciousness. Wrap in gorgeous green lettuce leaves & drizzle with Whole30-approved ranch dressing. You’d never know they are good for you! <3
I’m so thankful it’s finally springtime! Finally the temperatures are bearable here in East Tennessee, but it’s been awfully rainy! (And I’m totally okay with that. I’d take two weeks of rain in place of one good snow.) Plus, more rain means more excuses for me to be inside cooking and messing around on my computer instead of being outside enjoying the glorious 70-degree weather.
I have been buffalo sauce-obsessed even since I discovered Tessemae’s Hot Buffalo Sauce. It’s usually sold out online, but you should be able to get it at your local Whole Foods. At the time of this posting, it’s available on Amazon but at a premium price due to demand.
These Paleo and Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are awesome on their own, but wrap them up in some giant green leaf lettuce leaves, drizzle with whole30-compliant ranch dressing and sprinkle on some sliced green onions, and they’re downright ah-MAZE-ing!
Make sure you have extra ranch dressing on the side for drizzling, dipping, dousing. Okay, let’s be honest, drowning. Anyone else out there love ranch dressing as much as I do? I really think it might be the best food thing ever.Print
- Extra light olive oil, for greasing pan
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 c. coconut flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 c. celery, finely minced (I used a mini chopper.)
- 1/3 c. carrot, finely minced (I used a mini chopper.)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/3 c. Tessemae’s Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 1/4 c. Tessemae’s or Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing + more for serving
- Green leaf lettuce, for serving
- Green onions sliced, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease baking sheet with extra light olive oil and a paper towel.
- Combine chicken, coconut flour, egg, celery, carrot, salt and =B00AJRKPE0&linkId=3c7d4ad639d2792a34084e454222ebac” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”>pepper, Whole30-compliant buffalo sauce and Whole30-compliant ranch dressing.
- Mix well with hands and form into 20 like-sized meatballs.
- Bake 16-18 minutes at 400°F.
- Serve in large green leaf lettuce leaves drizzled with Whole30-compliant ranch dressing and sprinkled with sliced green onions.
Don’t forget to Pin this Paleo and Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Meatballs recipe for later!